- Cook 1 cup of Basmati rice. Wash the rice and cook it in plenty (at least 5 cups) of boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Drain the rice in a colander and run it under cold water for 10 seconds
- Heat 1 tbsp canola / sunflower / rice bran oil in a wok
- Throw in a small piece of mace + 1 tsp Nigella seeds (black onion seeds) and wait for them to splutter
- Add a sprig of curry leaves (optional), followed by one thinly sliced onion
- Cook the onions till light brown
- Add the cooked rice to the pan, season with salt and toss like mad
- Serve hot.
This thing goes well with just about every curry out there, and the onions and nigella seed make for a really nice combo.
Over and out!