I love simple flash fried vegetable dishes like these. Absolutely delicious, and they take all of 15 min to make.
- Cut two potatoes into slices about 2 mm thick. Actually, you can cut them whatever way you like. Just keep them fairly small, so they cook fast. Okay? Good.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan
- Throw in 1/2 tsp nigella seeds and four thinly sliced cloves of garlic. Cook till the garlic browns slightly.
- Tip in the sliced potatoes and cook on high heat for 2 min
- Add salt, 1 tsp of freshly ground cumin, 1/2 tsp of turmeric & 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- Toss the potatoes to ensure the spices coat them nicely
- Cook for 3 min, tossing and mixing regularly
- Add a cup of green peas, a pinch more of salt and toss again
- Cook for another 3 min, check seasoning and serve